Welcome to The Billers' Association For Long-Term Care

The Billers’ Association for Long-Term Care is a membership community created specifically for long-term care billing professionals. This national association provides members with a resource of continuously updated tools, billing-specific education, and reimbursement and regulatory guidance. Become a member today and join your long-term care billing colleagues as you navigate the evolving world of post-acute care billing.

Learn More Join

Featured Article

News & Analysis

Did you miss our quarterly webinar?

April 20, 2018
The Bottom Line

Not to worry! Click here to access the recording. HCPro’s postacute regulatory specialist Stefanie Corbett, DHA reviewed how to spice up your compliance program with PEPPER reports, including how to access the reports and identify problem areas that may lead to improper payments and/or audits. This educational webinar also explains how to determine whether the facility is recognized as an outlier compared to other SNFs and helps providers identify focus areas for medical record audits and quality improvement areas.

CMS publishes revised instructions for consolidated billing related to ambulance transportation

April 20, 2018
The Bottom Line

CMS published clarification earlier this week on coverage of an ambulance transport for a SNF resident in a stay not covered by Part A, who has Part B benefits, to the nearest supplier of medically necessary services not available at the SNF, including the return trip.

CMS reduces reimbursement by 13% for non-emergency BLS ambulance transports to and from renal dialysis treatment

April 17, 2018
The Bottom Line

In an MLN Matters article published on April 6, 2018, CMS announced a 13% reduction in ambulance payments for non-emergency basic life support (BLS) transports of individuals with end-stage renal disease to and from renal dialysis treatment. Following a 10% cut that went into effect in 2013, reimbursement decreases for dialysis patients with end-stage renal failure now total 23%, leaving providers worried that care for these individuals may be limited. The effective date for this reduction is October 1 of this year.



Biller's Talk

Click here to join the discussion with fellow billing professionals and business office managers.

Free Resources

Access sample white papers, tools, analysis, and resources.

Subscribe to our free e-Newsletter

The Bottom Line is a free weekly e-newsletter that delivers news, tips, and strategies for long-term care billing professionals and business office managers on operating an efficient and compliant billing office.

Click Here to Subscribe Now!

Membership Information

Become a Member

Join the community created specifically for long-term care billing professionals.

Advisory Board

Advisors provide expertise and an industry voice for members.

Code of Ethics

A guide to the professional behavior of our members.


The Billers' Association offers a variety of sponsorship opportunities.

Contact Us

For more information on joining the Association or questions about your membership.